Monday, November 15, 2010

Stick-Hamlet

This has been a very long and stressful week (and yes, I KNOW it is only Monday; that's the point). But, thanks to a chain of events that I would rather not have had to deal with today, I do have a fancy new printer. With a scanner.

Thus, in lieu of an actual post, have some sketches from the revenge tragedy seminar I took in grad school. (This is the sort of thing that passes for note-taking with me, and I kind of wish I had taken actual notes in that class, but oh well.)

Click to enlarge and behold the Stick-Hamlet in its full glory.




5 comments:

moria said...

Have I mentioned that I adore you?

My secret obsession: graphic representations of Shakespeare's plays.

See, for example, this map of Hamlet.

I can't find G. W. Knight's chart of The Tempest, but it's in Bill Sherman's Norton edition and very worth looking for.

Fretful Porpentine said...

That is an awesome map! I particularly like that it has pirates!

Bardiac said...

Sooo, good!

I love that you can tell which stick figure is Hamlet. It looks JUST LIKE HIM!!

(Have you seen the Peeps R&J?)

Fretful Porpentine said...

It's all in the inky cloak, Bardiac...

david_hatton said...

Loved the blog, it is beautifully written. I'm a regular reader.

You may be interested in some of my blogs and articles on my blog:

http://davidhatton1987.blogspot.com/