Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to real life...

Temperature in the high sixties today! Whoo! It was too nice to stay indoors, despite being rather overcast, so I went to the zoo and the Awesome Bookstore in New City. Pretty nearly a perfect day.

Real life starts again tomorrow, with a five-hour pre-semester teaching workshop (fortunately, not all five hours are mandatory -- but I figure I'd better show up and look perky). The syllabi are not done, and I have come to the conclusion that I'm completely clueless about one of the classes I'm supposed to be teaching next semester, and have grave doubts about the others.

Needless to say, I have spent less time writing syllabi than playing the geography trivia games at travelpod.com, which are both frustrating and addictive as all hell. (And what's worse, they make me want to grab the backpack and disappear for a month or two, which I can't possibly do until May at the earliest, and then only if I have money and a secure job. Sigh.)

Maybe tomorrow I will feel ready for this.

3 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Ooh, did someone say procrastination?

That's quite fun, although much harder than I expected.

Iguess I'll have to practice that extensively.

Sassy Sandy said...

I am sure you will be fine! Good luck! (ok, granted, this post is a few days old any you're already into the semester by now.) It's nice to know even experienced teachers get nervous... and procrastinate... I begin my student-teaching on Monday and I'm terrified! Teaching Lord of the Flies and Death of a Salesman, eek!

Fretful Porpentine said...

Good luck, Sassy Sandy!