Thursday, April 17, 2008

boring job getting old

Heu Mihi asks: Has anyone yet written a story (or poem) entirely in Google searches?

Um. I have now?

boring job getting old
beginning the semester+high school
Teaching poetry to lazy AP students
norton anthology, robert herrick, the vine
examples of comments on student papers
“end of the honeymoon”
what is “wanwood leafmeal”
“dreadful people”

4 kinds of jobs job boring as hell;
chronicle careers columnist
ghost hollins college
robin hood the pinner of wakefield
VAP's

inconsequential job for a fifty year old
subconsciously seeing a cat in my office
pirates in bed and body works
drunk angels
making him a maid
maid becomes mistress

back in real life
what was magic like in shakespeare’s time
what difficulties did oscar wilde have to encounter
how did shakespeare feel about the chain of being
why didnt oscar wilde like the upper class
what kind of job did shakespeare like to do
oscar wilde explode

freaking out about MLA interviews
i hate christmas

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you go to Hollins College? I graduated in '94!

heu mihi said...

Thanks; that's great! And what *is* "wanwood leafmeal,” dreadful people?

I'm also interested in who's out there seeking an inconsequential job for a 50-year-old, but maybe it's none of my business.

Fretful Porpentine said...

Roaringgrrl -- No, I didn't; I have no idea why that search would direct anyone here!

Heu mihi -- I think the one that really puzzled me was "subconsciously seeing a cat in my office." There's got to be a story there!

Anonymous said...

Being bored at work is a definite problem. Did you know some people even get work related illnesses from it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArbIfqm4gWQ
LOL!

Sisyphus said...

This is great!!! Great!!! I love it!

PS it's worlds of wanwood leafmeal, heu, from Gerard Manley Hopkins's poem "Spring and Fall."

Ahhh. Love it. I mean, a very different _voice,_ you know, than this effort, but still. Both are good.