1. What is your favorite part of summer?
Travel! Woo hoo!
2. What's your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Peaches! Or better yet, blue crabs with lots of Old Bay.
Least favorite: Probably potato salad, which strikes me as a waste of perfectly good potatoes. (Unless it is the German kind with vinegar and no mayo, which is fine.)
3. Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
Sam Adams Noble Pils.
4. Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Centipedes and millipedes. Ugh.
5. Pick one: the lake /the beach. Why?
The beach! Because dude, WAVES. And that salty, seaweedy ocean smell.
6. Most amusing summer vacation trip you've ever taken?
I don't know if I can think of too many amusing trips I've taken, so I will tell you about the time I went to Bosnia, because I'm fairly sure this one is at least interesting. I was sitting in a restaurant in Croatia, and I thought "hey, you can totally take a bus to Bosnia from here," so I did. I went to Mostar when they were rebuilding the bridge, and fortunately I ment a nice woman at the bus station who spoke English and rented out rooms for 10 Euros, so I spent the evening sitting on her patio eating cherries with her family and frustrating her three-year-old son, who couldn't understand why I couldn't read to him in Bosnian. Then I went to Sarajevo, where they had an actual youth hostel, and one of my roommates was a Canadian guy who wanted to look for this park where they had pickup soccer games (which I think continued all through the war). Which we eventually found, so I cheered while he played soccer with the locals. Soccer is, pretty much, the universal language.
7. Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
Not a clue. I'm lucky if I notice my own clothes; anyone else's are a lost cause.
8. Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be:
Exploring a new city, preferably somewhere with twisty medieval streets and lots of wine and olives and sun. (Which I will totally be doing this July! Woo hoo again!)