Friday, May 3, 2013

Semester wrap-up, by the numbers

Number of papers graded: 184 (and 24 exams, and 13 presentations)

Number of papers yet to grade: 37 (and 35 exams, and 15 presentations)

Students enrolled in Basic Comp: 5

Students who still have a prayer of passing Basic Comp: 2

Students who will DEFINITELY pass Basic Comp: 0

Applications received for philosophy position: About 150

New colleagues hired in philosophy: 1

Major undergraduate-research events attended: 5

Number of these events that were full-on conferences in other cities: 2

Number of actual grown-up conferences attended: 0, but will be 1 next week.

Pages written on Kzoo paper: 5, plus one page of half-assed notes

Minimum acceptable page length for Kzoo paper: 8, probably.

1 comment:

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Ye gads... I don't even want to know what my numbers would add up to. I'd either be highly impressed that I managed to make it or I'd be so depressed that I did all that work that I might start drinking heavily. I suggest that you pat yourself on the back and keep your nose to the grindstone. I put away two sets of essays today, and I am exhausted. Hope you're surviving!